Saturday, September 21, 2013

Distractions and Design Documents


I have a bunch of work to do by Tuesday, but it's been nice to have the occasional distraction. 

For instance, the moment Fixer Studios' new company card arrived it was nabbed by Mr. Mew, our corporate fat cat. Something about "a trip to Reno in the company jet and two pounds of catnip..." Fiscally responsible policies don't let your cat take the card for the weekend.
Today started with and early consultation with our new localization consultant and some errands but upon returning home I found our newest little indication that things are real: a bank card that means we can stop using my totally pro-looking personal accounts.

That said, this little distraction is all I can really afford right now. We're trying to wrap up "Sprint 5" by Tuesday, and that means I need to polish off a lot of work to hit my goals. On the production side I've got to ensure we get our first two full UI art comps, a draft animation so engineering can test the animation pipeline, and most importantly help engineering get the client sending game states to and from the server.

Design is looking more daunting, mostly because I can't foist these tasks off on other people. I'm hoping to create UX drafts for our main menu, matchmaking, turn resolution and animated play-by-play, finalize our 1.0 core design, design and propose the metagame system, and propose both a regular monetization system and one that does not use any currencies at all.

It's looking like a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment